Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Week Down

We've had a busy week. Will had his second tooth break through (right next to the first one, on top), and his third seems like it's only days away, with the fourth following close behind. We also moved back to our house, so we're trying to unpack and settle in again. I guess I'm practicing for our military moves, although I hope we're not transferred every couple of months. Plus I can let someone else worry about the packing and unpacking then. Will also found a new favorite word: No! He uses it every chance he can, and while he does seem to understand what it means, sometimes he uses it just to show his independence. He'll tell me no, he doesn't want any more food and turn his head, but if I wait a few seconds, he almost always turns back around and takes a bite. It's definitely the clearest word he's ever said. He also has been saying, "All done" a lot more often, and only when he really is done. Walking is still iffy, and most of the time he's not interested, but it was the same with crawling, so he'll just have to go at his own pace.

I also heard from Anthony yesterday. They had their big cleaning inspection, and they received 100%! With as picky as the TI's are, that's amazing! So they were rewarded on Saturday with 4 free hours to do whatever they wanted on base. The fact that Anthony even reached me was a miracle though. I had been grocery shopping for a couple hours, and I was running late for a get together, so I considered just leaving the food in the trunk since it was pretty chilly. But it kept bothering me, and I decided that I really ought to take it home and put away the cold items. So I was hurrying to get all the bags in, throwing everything in the fridge, and about to walk out the door after being there for only a couple minutes when the phone rang. Needless to say, I ended up being quite late for the get together, but it was worth it. Anthony's on track to being an honor grad. He's studying very hard to do well on his final test, and the only thing that he is worried about is the mile and a half run. When he got there, he could do it in 11:30, but by the end he has to do it in 9:38. He's already cut one minute off his time during the last three weeks, and this week they're going to be working extra hard, so hopefully he'll get there. They call this Warrior Week because they're doing a lot of combat training out in the field. That means lots of physical training, cold showers, and I'm sure lots of yelling. He's also made several good friends, and since most of the guys in his flight are a bit younger, he's been able to give them a lot of advice and I think they really look up to him. Every time I talk to him, he sounds very excited and dedicated to what he is doing, which tells me even more that this was a good decision for us. Military life hasn't been easy so far, and I'm sure we'll have difficulties along the way, but we're in it for the long haul, and I couldn't be prouder of him for doing it. Two and half weeks to go until Graduation Day!

1 comment:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

I can't believe Anthony's almost done. It sounds like he is going about it all the right way, and that is great that he is being an example. You should definitely be proud of him.