Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jesus Wants For Me A Sunbeam

I figured out a few days ago that while Will usually refuses to sing songs, he is actually learning the words. He knows every word to "The Wise Man and The Foolish Man," "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" and "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam." I know he messed up a bit here, but it was a bit of stage fright. And he always says "for me" instead of "me for". I think both ways are true. :)





Will also told me yesterday that when Jesus was born, there was a helicopter in the sky. What the what? Where does he get this stuff? I think it's from watching Madagascar, when they think they see a star and it's actually a helicopter, but still.

Ethan's decided he will do anything for candy. I woke up Saturday morning because all the lights were on downstairs, but I could see Ethan trying to wake up Will. I went to get him and found him with half a chocolate orange in his hand! I was too tired to do anything, so I just took it out of his hand and put him back in bed. It wasn't until I went down to turn off the lights that I saw that it was 3:30 a.m.! Apparently he woke up and just needed chocolate. I know I certainly did at that point.

And we actually have a thumb sucker! Our families know that Anthony and I were both notorious thumb suckers for way too long, but Will and Ethan have never picked it up. It surprised me to catch Jonathan doing it every once in awhile.




This video isn't super exciting. Just a bit of Jonathan babbling and smiling. Mostly I enjoyed it because of Jonathan's gesture in the first few seconds, since I'm wicked. "It's kind of like a souvenir."

4 comments:

The Reynolds said...

That last part cracked me up. Love those boys. Hazel sucks her thumb every once in a while. I think it's super cute but glad it hasn't stuck. Glad to see you're all doing OK. Can't wait to hear more. We love you all.

the Corbin Clan said...

I love that Ethan is trying to sing the song with Will! Super cute! Jonathan is adorable and makes me want to have another one! Thanks for posting so we can see them growing up!

A Bunch of Roaches said...

I love hearing about your little boys and the sweet things they say. I totally thought of Madagascar when I read about the helicopter when Jesus was born. They sound so fun, even if they are naughty. Naughty is the funniest...later on when you tell stories.

jenc24 said...

Alex really loved the video of "the baby punching." He also loved Will (and Ethan) singing the Sunbeam song. Too cute! I didn't know you were a thumb-sucker, too. Alex and Camille both do when they are tired. I don't like it but it's not the easiest habit to break. Sometimes just to mess with him I'll ask Alex, "Why is your thumb in your mouth?" He gets very indignant and says, "Because, I have to take a nap!" He doesn't like for me to ask him about it. It's always fun to read your posts!